Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Recommended Comics 08/26/26

 Time for my recommendation of comics coming out tomorrow on August 26th. No time for me this week to post the covers of each issue. But as before, I am grabbing a series from Marvel, DC, Image, IDW, and a bonus series.

1. Gambit: Wanted #2 (Marvel)

Lots of X-Men titles out this week. Unfortunately I am very far behind on my X-Men reading. But this has been an enjoyable read so far. Written by comic legend Chris Claremont, this miniseries follows Gambit on one last mission before he officially joins the X-Men. As a result, you don't need to know a lot going in. Well knowing the events of issue 1 would probably help, but the recap page should handle that.


2. Absolute Wonder Woman #23 (DC)

There are quite a few contenders at DC to be given recommendations for. But I am going with Absolute Wonder Woman. The Absolute series have been a blast so far with Wonder Woman being up there. And this is the start of a new arc where Wonder Woman has to face the newest and biggest threat she ever face. The Absolute version of Ares. If you heard all the talk about how messed up Absolute villains have been, I am here to say a good amount of what you heard is probably true and so expect Ares to be a true menace.


3. Hammerfist #1 (Image)

There are a lot of great titles coming out this week from Image. But not many would be a good time to just jump right in. Hammerfist being a literal start to the series sounds like an exact good time. Written by Rick Remender, one of the best writers in the industry, this follows a hit man who must fight Lovecrafterian horrors using what I presume is a gauntlet that is extremely blunted at the end. It sounds like it is gonna be high octane action while the main character works to save his daughter from a force that threatens everyone.


4. Operation: Iron Coffin #2 (IDW)

I haven't been following this series because to be honest I read a lot of comics in the first place. But this is essentially Dracula fighting in WWII. Who wouldn't want to check a book with a premise like that. I'll probably try to add it to my list if I am able to spare everything to do so.


5. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #3 (Boom Studios)

Taking place in a time where the Power Rangers reunite after a decade to face a threat looks remarkably similar to Rita Repulsa- wait. Wasn't this the plot to the Power Rangers: Once and Always special? Kinda but it is a different enough take with the main villain having different motivations than the robotic Rita in that special. And things aren't as dour here but the Rangers are still facing bumps as they try to adjust reuniting but they managed to get the hang of it in the previous issue. It is still nice to see the original Rangers get back together and this is actually an earlier point in their lives than what was depicted in the Once and Always special. So even their dynamics are slightly different enough to make this series worth checking out even if the general plot feels familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment